The AldebaranView Resort Information
The Aldebaran is a traditional motor sailer looking for others of its kind in the Maldives. There is enough room for 12 (twelve) guests in the two master cabins and four double bed cabins. The ship was first launched in 1992 and was completely refurbished in year 2009 and 2010.
The cabins: The master cabin located at the bow encompasses the entire breadth of the boat and has a luxurious bathroom. An additional four, tastefully decorated double-bed cabins are air conditioned and each contains a private bathroom. The master cabin with bathroom located at the aft end of the boat rounds off the spacious interior. The personnel cabins are strictly separated from the guest cabins.
The saloon: The mahogany wood saloon awaits you at the stern of the ship. It seats twelve people comfortably for eating, watching television or listening to music while enjoying a drink from the well-stocked bar. All the while, however, you will not miss any of the fantastic view thanks to the large windows.
Outdoor area: At the bow of the ship, there is a large, awning-protected sun deck complete with a u-shaped seating and lounging arrangement and table.
At the stern, and accessible through the saloon, you will find a covered seating and lounging area perfect for relaxing, listening to music or drinking cocktails. Sun worshippers will enjoy the uncovered sun deck, which is accessible by ladder.
The Maldives are remarkable because every diving spot is a world of its own. Blue Voyage Cruises are remarkable because, in addition to diving, a multitude of other activities awaits you.
- Name: Aldebaran
- Material: Pine, Mahogany, Teak
- Built: 1992 / Refurbished 2009/2010
- Motor: 2 x MTU at 193 HP
- Elec. Equipment: 2 x generators 18/22 kW
- Length: 28.5m
- Breadth: 6.6m
- Draught: 2.85m
- Cabins: 2 x master, 4 x double
- Mast: Two-master
- Speed: 9 knots cruising / 11 knots max
- Tanks: 4,000 L petrol, 4,000 L fresh water
- Navigation: Radar, GPS-Navigation, Autopilot, Deepsounder
- Equipment: Air conditioning, Watermaker, Diving Dhoni, Bauer Mariner 320 Compressor, Cayago Seabob, Wakeboard, Surfboard, Jetski, Speedboat, Plasma-TV, Playstation 3, Wifi Internet, Computer, stereo system indoor/outdoor, 2 sun decks with lounges for 12 people
The Maldives are paradise for every diver. Any diver who has been here once always returns. Our experienced crew pulls right up to the top diving spots:
For example: Banana Reef, Embudhu Express, Mayaa Thila, Lankan (Manta Point), Maamigili Outside (Whaleshark), Nassimo Thila, Okobe Thila, Ran Thila or Rasdhoo (Hammerhead Point).*
- Snorkel through crystal clear waters
- Get excited about wakeboarding and jet skiing, or fly through the water with the Seabob (www.seabob.com) – extra charge
- Visit the local islands (and if the weather cooperates, with BBQ) or discover deserted beaches
- Enjoy the unique experience of night fishing
- Instead of diving, go with us on a guided surfing excursion (only available for groups upon request)
- Entertainment on board: Plasma TV, Playstation 3, Wifi Internet (complimentary), Computer (extra charge)
- 2 dives per day, morning and noon (included in the package)
- 2 night dives per week (included in the package)
- Rental of complete diving equipment (advance request recommended)
- Convenient: Equipment always on the diving Dhoni
- PADI Diving Course: Scuba Diver, Open Water and Advanced Open Water courses (advance request recommended)
** Visits to these spots are dependent on the season and weather conditions.