Six Senses Spa offers nine private treatment nests, either with an ocean view or tucked away in the lush nature that surrounds them. Awaken the senses with locally inspired and Ayurvedic treatments, massages, yoga and fi tness classes or workshops. Highly skilled Six Senses Spa therapists use a synergy of natural products to provide a comprehensive range of award-winning signature procedures and journeys, plus rejuvenation and wellness specialties of the region. Visiting practitioners offer guests lifestyle consultations and specialized holistic sessions.
The Soneva Fushi gallery gift shop was created by Eva Shivdasani and includes holiday clothing, jewellery, locally made handcrafts and iconic resort items such as glassware, materials and ornaments to name just a few. Sifani sells diamonds and only diamonds.
ACTIVITIES & EXCURSION
* Bicycling and jogging on the island’s many trails
* Fully equipped fitness centre
* Table tennis, badminton, tennis, beach volleyball
* All non motorized water sports activities – Hobie Cat, kayaks
* Snorkeling the house reef
* Stargazing in the Observatory
* Yoga and Tai Chi
* Board games, DVD and CD libraries
* Outdoor Cinema Paradiso
* Tour the impressive ‘Eco Centro’ * Picnic or stay overnight on the sandbank
* Robinson Crusoe picnic
* Waterskiing and wakeboarding
* Cooking classes
* Wine tasting
* Snorkeling excursions to different reefs in Baa Atoll
* Dolphin cruises
* Private sunrise and sunset cruises
* Fishing trips
* Scuba diving
* Excursions to local and uninhabited islands We will always remember the first time we dipped below the surface of our lagoon and spied the palaces of colour and thriving denizens who glide between their spires and fans. Share our joys of discovering this realm just moments from shore. At anytime throughout your stay, you are welcome to borrow the complimentary masks and fins and explore the magic of our house reef.
For adventures a bit further afield, our marine biologist will be happy to guide you to most unforgettable snorkeling spots of the Baa Atoll. A personal favorite – swimming with manta rays at Hanifaru bay as they migrate through from June to November. Additionally, with some luck you may see whale sharks.
For an extremely unique encounter, allow the marine biologist to guide you snorkeling in the dark to see the reefs in the rarest way. Peer through the night waters at moray eels, lionfish, octopus, lobsters, sleeping parrotfish and bioluminescent plankton.
One of the facets that attracted us to the Maldives was the richness of colour and life beneath the waves. And in fact, we were lucky enough to secure an island in the nation's most breathtaking stretch for diving. Very own Baa Atoll was recently named a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve for its tremendously high biodiversity, even compared to the rest of the Maldivian waters.
Professional dive instructors will guide you around more than 30 unbelievable sites with visibility up to 35 metres. From June to November you will have the chance to dive in some of the best spots in the world for seeing the graceful manta rays. And with some luck you may see whale sharks.
Some courses at the Soleni Dive Center at Soneva Fushi:
* Discover Scuba (basic theory, basic exercises and one shore dive)
* Resort Course (four dives, one theory and logbook)
* PADI Scuba Diver (five dives, book, theory, logbook and certification)
* PADI Open Water (eight lessons, book, five theory, table, logbook and certification)
* PADI Referral, Experience and Advanced
Refresher Dive Equipment can also be rented.
Dotting the Indian Ocean, far from any mainland shore, the Maldives have developed an intriguing culture like nowhere else on earth. Shaped by life on the sea, touched by Islamic traders who brought their town rich traditions, the Maldivian people exhibit a warmth and strength of character that speak to us and lend their wealth of knowledge to our day-to-day life on this castaway island.
Passing dhonis, the traditional Maldivian sailboats with their graceful curving prows, are a familiar sight and offer a glimpse at the seafaring culture of our home. Many of our hosts come from nearby islands and would be proud to show your family around, teaching everyone a few words of the Dhivehi tongue along the way.
Some recommended cultural experiences at Soneva Fushi:
* Visit Kudarikilu island to see the museum
* Ancestral Dinner
* Maldivian Cooking Class
* Sustainable fishin at Soneva Fushi
* Visit Baa Atoll Island by Dhoni
We envisioned Soneva Fushi as an island of dreams – for all ages – so as we created a new children's club (to be launched late 2014) we sought out the input of our smallest guests. Drawing inspiration from their childlike wonder, The Den is a playground for the imagination. Children explore a pirate ship, two swimming pools, a children's mocktail bar, lego room, dress-up area, cinema, library, learning area, sound-proof music room filled with instruments, and the Tunnel. A 14-metre channel clad in roots, branches and hidden surprises, it leads children to organic gardens filled with flowers, swings and nests tucked into the trees.
Every age is catered to – from the quiet toddlers sleeping area and their own safe, shallow pool to our teen-exciting zip line through the jungle and the DJ corner.
Of course the entire island and surrounding sea is a wonderland for families to enjoy together. Watch for dolphins on traditional dhoni sailboat. Let our astronomer share star-gazing secrets before bedtime.
Some recommended activities for families at Soneva Fushi:
* Father & Son Picnic and Mother & Daughter Spa
* Cooking class for children and families
* Family Dolphin Cruise
* Gourmet Dining experience, to include chocolate and wine, mocktails for children, cheese and meat tasting with selected fine wines
Two libraries on the sunrise and sunset sides offer a vast selection of easy reading and reference books, DVDs, VCDs and CDs. The Soleni Dive Centre’s multi-lingual PADI instructors as well as the small dive group sizes ensure that guests of all experience levels get the best service at all times. There are more than 30 tempting dive sites with rich sea life near Soneva Fushi. The Soleni Dive Centre also offers free-diving courses ranging from introductory half day courses to 1 to 3 star AIDA qualifications. The first open-air cinema in the Maldives with the widest screen in the Indian Ocean measuring 13.8 meters wide! Reminisce over a classic movie at Cinema Paradiso on Turtle beach, lie back under the stars and enjoy popcorn, selected dry snacks, Soneva homemade ice cream and a wide selection of beverages. Cinema Paradiso is available to rent for private screenings. Equipped with a striking Meade RCX400 telescope, the observatory in the organic garden is the latest addition to Soneva Fushi’s unique guest experiences and offers magnificent views into the starry sky. Two large garden areas in the centre of Kunfunadhoo Island supply many of the fresh fruits, salads, herbs and mushrooms for our kitchens.