CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, draws inspiration from the origins of the Shangri-La legend, a place of personal peace, enchantment and well-being.
This secluded sanctuary is located in its own spa village within the resort, with spacious individual treatment villas offering "spa-within-a-spa" environments. There is also a unique yoga pavilion overlooking the Indian Ocean, and individual treatment villas with private gardens and steam rooms.
The spa menu offers a selection of Asian massages and Indian Ayurvedic treatments, alongside locally inspired treatments and specific well-being programmes.
In traditional Chinese philosophy, ch’i or "Qi" is the universal life force that governs well-being and personal vitality. For good health to be maintained, it is believed that ch’i must flow freely within the body and, when blocked, "dis-ease" and illness follow. Movement is therefore a key element in releasing blockages.
Body massage, exercise, stretching, hydrotherapy, and movement of the mind through relaxation and meditation combine to assist the body's natural renewal and form the basis of the CHI spa philosophy.
ACTIVITES & EXCURSIONS
The natural, dense vegetation of Villingili sets it apart from many other Maldives resort islands. The three-kilometer-long island has 12 hectares of lush foliage, towering banyan trees, 17,000 coconut palms, 45 species of plants, 3 natural lagoons and nature trails for guests to explore.
Located at tee number eight of the golf course, Mount Villingili has been officially certified as the highest point in the Maldives. The world’ smallest mountain stands at a modest 5.1 metres and can be explored during a casual golf game or as part of a guided tour.
In line with our commitment to biodiversity conservation, the group launched Sanctuary, Shangri-La's Care for Nature Project.
At Shangri-La's Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives, we have the Reef Care project which aims to foster interest and awareness of marine life and the threats facing it globally, as well as involve guests in activities linked to marine life protection at the resort through activities offered at the Eco Center. Find inner calm practicing yoga or meditation overlooking the ocean. Individual and group classes for all levels as well as holistic workshops to experience a balanced approach to life and longevity are offered. Explore by bicycle the five neighboring islands connected by a 17-kilometre road that is the longest in Maldives. Set out with a picnic and discover the fascinating lifestyle and culture of untouched Maldivian villages or stop at a coffee shop to chat with the locals over a meal. Three jogging trails running a total of four kilometers are available on Villingili. Scuba diving for both experienced divers and beginners are offered at the resort, including a selection of PADI courses such as:
* Advanced Open Water Diver
* Discovery Scuba Diving
* Open Water Diver
* Specialty courses * Catamaran sailing
* Fishing, including deep-sea fishing and traditional Maldivian night fishing
* Fun tubes and banana rides
* Kite Surfing
* Paddle boards
* Private Boat Charter
* Small Dhoni Sailing
* Water ski, mono ski, wake and knee board
* Wind surfing Come along and watch the sunset while sailing on our 21 meter-long luxury yacht. Enjoy a glass of Champagne while sailing beautiful Maldivian waters. Hop on a boat and explore the surrounding waters on the lookout for the many spinner dolphins living in the area. Venture out for a traditional hand line night fishing trip. Our expert chefs will be happy to cook any fish you catch. The snorkeling area between the Whispering Palms water villas provides a shallow, accessible place ideal for less experienced swimmers and children, before taking the snorkeling channel leading out to the resort's house reef on the northern end of Villingili Island. Resident marine life along the way include branching corals, sea anemones, Maldives anemone fish and much more. Learn how to craft a shell necklace and sand castle frame using real leaves & coconuts. Explore nature and express yourself through its creations. Discover the wonderful jungle of Villingili and meet with the amazing creatures living there, such as the flying fox and geckos. Explore the different facets of nature and embark on a journey of discovery. Join us in exploring the islands for hidden treasures, with your own cutlass, wearing your own crossbones shirt, to match your crossbones face paint. Learn our pirate vocabulary, words of fun and adventure. Embark on a voyage with the young pirates of Villingili. The island of Gan was once cryptically referred to as “Port T,” a strategic British naval base during the second world war. After the war, control of the island was handed to the Royal Air Force, until the British left Addu in 1976. The Historical Tour is an afternoon ramble among the remnants of the British occupation of Addu. Add sparkle to any wedding by splashing out on the perfect celebration. With an abundance of choice locations, guests can choose ocean or forest vistas in brilliant sunshine, or celebrate beneath a canopy of stars.
For this once-in-a-lifetime occasion, Shangri-La's Villingili Resort & Spa offers the once-in-a-lifetime location. Wedding pavilions face the breaking waves of the Indian Ocean, and themed weddings including Indian, Arabic, Chinese and Japanese.
Located in the Village, The Cool Zone for children is the place to find toys, educational activities and lots of land and beach-based activities to ensure a fun-filled vacation for the children.
We welcome our younger guests aged between four and twelve from 9am until 7pm for plenty of fun and games.
The entertainment center offers snooker and billiards, and a selection of books and magazines. A resident artist features contemporary Asian paintings in the Q Gallery. A bar and mini mart serve snacks and drinks and offers basic personal necessities. Shangri-La Eco Centre is a place to discover, entertain and educate, in an interactive and lively atmosphere. Guests will gain an in-depth understanding of the conservation works around Villingili island and learn how they can get involved and support the resort's efforts.
Two International Tennis Federation grade tennis courts are available. Beginners can choose to take a lesson with our tennis pro who is also a perfect partner for experienced players. The Health Club comprises top-of-the-line gym equipment as well as separate steam rooms and saunas.
The Health Club team offers a selection of healthy activities including fit-ball class, beach Frisbee and local island bicycle tour, to mention only a few. A personal trainer is on hand for tailor-made programmes. Villingili Island boasts over six kilometres of picturesque coastline and nearly two kilometres of beautiful white, sandy beach on which to commune with nature. The lagoon offers a sensational palette of natural turquoise hues.
On the resort’s premises, there is also Endheri Pool, a free-form infinity pool with Jacuzzi, ideally located in front of the lagoon. Nestled on seven and a half hectares of land at the southern end of Villingili Island, where spectacular sights await you. Designed as a fun, recreational golf course for aficionados and beginners alike, it was developed while keeping the island’s natural beauty untouched. A diversity of palms and exotic flora highlight views of the ocean and turquoise lagoon. Players and guests will delight in exploring a scenic walking path and secluded, intimate beach coves on the bordering shores.